Poster Co-Chair: Dr. Doina Bein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for poster submission: March 17, 2020
The ITNG poster session showcases works-in-progress in an informal setting. Topics of interest are the same as research topics in the ITNG 2020 conference call for papers but also exciting new topics and applications in the field such as machine learning, cybersecurity, bigdata, CPS/IoT. We strongly encourage student and industry submissions. Presenting a poster at ITNG 2020 is a great opportunity, especially for students, to obtain interesting and valuable feedback on ongoing research from experts in the field, attending the conference.
A sample of a poster submission is available here.
The ITNG Poster Committee will review all poster proposals and send notifications of accepted posters.
- The submission consists of two steps: first completing a Google Form here with the basic information of the registrant: full name, email address, affiliation, other contact information, as well as title of the work and a single‐sentence summary that introduces the achievements of the work (50 words or fewer). The author will receive a reply email containing the link to a private Google drive will be sent out, where he/she can upload the poster.
- Submission content: the submission must include the following materials and information:
One “representative image”: This image should be suitable for possible use in the conference web site and promotional materials. Poster abstract: An abstract (two pages maximum) describing your work (PDF). The abstract should include what area you are working in, what is novel about your work, and how this work relates to previous work on the same topic. A sample of a poster submission is available here. Submission categories and keywords: You will be asked to tag your submission with appropriate keywords to help ensure your submission is reviewed and juried appropriately.
- Deadline for poster submission: March 17, 2020
- Evaluation: After your work is submitted, it is reviewed by a panel of experts of varying backgrounds. Each reviewer evaluates the posters independently before meeting to discuss their evaluations and make recommendations to the final selection committee.
- Deadline for receiving the evaluation: March 19, 2020
- If the poster is accepted, then the authors must register to the conference, if it has not done so. Please submit the registration confirmation to the Poster Chair or Co-Chair.
Note that students who present posters are able to register for the reduced cost of $250. The presenting author will then need to submit the registration confirmation to the Co-Chair.
Benefits for poster registration
Some benefits to students who present posters at the conference are that they:
- Find out about technology trends and job opportunities
- Network with peers and experts, receive feedback, and collaborate
- Will be considered for one of the three awards for best poster
- Receive a certificate of participation and presentation at ITNG 2020
- Attend keynotes, technical sessions, and tutorials
- Receive a reduced registration fee of $250 for conference attendance.